Window Nets : Schroth : Interior Ratchet Center Net
Interior Ratchet Center Net
SCHROTH Racing Driver Nets are engineered in accordance to the latest FIA 8863-2013 standard to help control occupant movement and enhance your overall safety system (seat, harness, cage etc.) by strengthening the headrest and shoulders of the seat system and help guide the occupant back into the seat system during an impact. Exclusive from SCHROTH, High quality interior driver's net. Patented Double Take ratchet/quick release. Ideal for door side installations - easy to latch and tension. Tested by SCHROTH Racing, SFI and the FIA, these nets provide proven performance both in the lab and on the track. All nets feature high quality materials and construction and are equipped with a Quick Release mechanism to insure a fast exit. FIA Approved. Available in black only. One size fits all applications.
- The nets are tested with a DYNAMIC load so it more accurately represents the real world.
- Read carefully the section about installing the net in the car. The FIA requires that 2 vertical sections are in contact with the seat back to provide support. Schroth has added additional vertical sections to the FIA net so the 2 nets are not the same. Also make note of the angles involved in the installation.
- The FIA recommends that a net be installed on either side of the seat for driver restraint, the FIA does not view the exterior net as adequate for restraining the driver, they would like to see two interior nets whenever possible. Tudor series currently enforces this and mandates two interior nets as well as a window net.
- The FIA requires that the net be mount with the horizontal sections of webbing on the inside by the driver so the drivers helmet has a smooth surface to slide down in an accident. On Schroth nets this can be accomplished on both sides just be flipping the net over.
- The FIA requires that the quick release button be capable of being released under load. The new ratchet style quick-release is lighter and safer than previous versions.