Helmets : Arai : GP-5W SA2015
The Arai GP-5W auto racing helmet, SA2015, features a wider eyeport (90mm)and ventilation specific to closed cockpit race cars. The updated Snell 2015 requirements does not change the previous GP-5/W design with the new GP-5/W retaining exactly all of it's previous looks and features, among them the 5 point upper ventilation system and slightly modified shield. Constructed of Arai's exclusive clc (Complex Laminate Construction) shell technology, which provides superior impact energy management properties, utilizing proprietary cutting edge fiberglass based materials and construction techniques, while maintaining low weight without the use of trendy materials which may not be properly suited for use in helmet applications. The Arai GP-5W SA2015 helmet's upper ventilation remains unchanged from the GP-5/W SA2010 model, incorporating 3 intake scoops in front and two delta exhaust outlets in the rear. The interior fit is typical Arai, benefiting from years of research and refinement, resulting in a helmet that more closely matches the shape of the human head. Such a close fit allows for the smallest possible helmet to be worn, while still being comfortable. Combined with incredible fit and comfort, Arai concentrates on balance and center of gravity. The GP-5W SA2015 helmet represents the result of Arai's pursuit of a comprehensive package, providing comfort, function in an attractive package, masking the hidden energy management system within. Because after all, the thing to remember is that a helmet is worn to take the abuse in the event of an impact and if necessary be destroyed in that process. Snell SA2015 Approved. FIA 8859-2015 Approved M6 Hans fixation facility. Available in white. Sizes:XS - XL.
- cLc Construction - Arai's lightweight cLc shell construction maintains low overall weight,
- Shell Shape - A smaller more 'natural' head shape to create a lower center of gravity which balances and stabilizes the helmet to feel lighter and reduce fatigue,
- Wider Eye port - Larger eye port than comparable models, at 90mm drivers enjoy a better view,
- Removable/ Replaceable Cheek pads - For easy cleaning, the cheek pads are removable. Optional cheeks pads of varying thickness can be inserted to provide a more customized fit,
- Ventilation - Two large upper intake ducts and two exhaust ducts allows for improved air flow even within the confines of a cramped cockpit,
- Hans Device Mounts - The GP-5W has pre-drilled with molded M6 mounting posts for a Hans device,
- Shield Options - Standard Shields include Clear, Light Tint and Dark Smoke. Anti-Fog Shields include Clear, Light Tint and Dark Smoke. Tear-Offs available in 5 pack and 10 packs,
- Optional peak utilizing original shield mounts sold separately (shown in additonal images),
- Snell SAH2015 Approved,
- FIA 8859-2015 Approved.