Racing Shoes : Alpinestars : SUPERMONO
The Alpinestars Supermono auto racing shoe once again sets the very latest in race footwear performance and technology, following years of development and testing in Formula 1. Incorporating an innovative new closure system and constructed using premium materials, the Alpinestars Supermono race shoe is extremely lightweight and ergonomic featuring supple kangaroo leather, strategically perforated zones and a heat-resistant Nomex® lining. The Supermono race shoe features Alpinestars’ new closure design constituting an extensive Velcro® strap, elasticated gusset that closes across the instep allowing for an ergonomic fit on the medial side of the foot, and a highly reduced material construction for greater comfort and performance in the cockpit. The Velcro® closure, a first for Alpinestars’ auto footwear, offers a secure and personalized fit and incorporates perforations to help reduce weight while maintaining structure and strength. The lace-less design offers quick and easy in/out and all-round weight-saving. Every detail on the Supermono has been designed to excel under the toughest racing conditions imaginable and give drivers the ultimate in performance fit and feel. FIA 8856-2000 Approved. Available in black/red, white/red, anthracite, and navy/white/red color combinations. Sizes: 5-13US (excluding sizes: 5.5,6.5,11.5,12.5US).
- Main upper chassis constructed from supple, lightweight kangaroo leather for exceptional levels of comfort and durability,
- Alpinestars foot counter features multi-compound construction and ergonomic Polypropylene heel counter, which provides support, protection and stability plus integrated PU fireproof heel for comfort,
- Lightweight micro-porous padding around the heel and insole enhance comfort while driving and walking,
- All graphic elements are printed for improved weight-savings,
- Extensive perforation zones on lateral and medial sides, tongue and collar for improved ventilation and breathability and comfort,
- Tubular lining construction in Nomex® material for excellent levels of heat resistant, weight-saving and reduced seams to improve all round comfort,
- Tongue padding made in double layer CarbonX® fabric for additional flame retardant properties and reduced weight,
- Collar padding constructed from Nitrile Rubber for comfort and weight-saving,
- Alpinestars exclusive lightweight rubber compound sole with special line textured grip for improved pedal feel in race conditions,
- FIA 8856-2000/Alpinestars label on the tongue made from fireproof TPR.